Apples and Johnny

Can I just express my delight when I discovered our book for the month was about Johnny Appleseed.


This lovely rendition focuses on Johnny's kindness and sharing, while still giving a snap shot into who Johnny really was.

Art and Puppet Play

The kids made Johnny Appleseed puppets. They loved choosing how to draw his face and colour his clothes and then play with him after planting appleseeds and giving them to friends.







Lifecycle of an Apple Tree

This day came with cards to teach the lifecycle of an apple tree from seed, to seedling, to full grown tree, flowering tree and finally an apple bearing tree.
They each practiced ordering the stages of an apple tree.










Disclosure: I receive Mother Goose Time Curriculum free of charge for educational purposes in return for posting my honest experiences using the curriculum. Photos of children featured on my blog for review of Mother Goose Time are used with signed consent of the child's parents. I welcome any questions or concerns.



Comments

Popular Posts