Rooms and Spaces in our House


So this week everything was themed around the rooms and spaces in our house.
  •     Doors and Windows
  •       Living Room
  •     Kitchen 
  •      Bathroom
  •      Bedroom


Come take a look at some of the activities in two of our favourite days this week.

Art – Paper Bag House
We made a house out of a paper bag.


...and a door for a dog

Math – Lost Keys
We got to use our new counting manipulatives. Our brightly coloured house keys are sure fun to count. I was so impressed how high both of our 3 year olds could count. They are gaining a great grasp of counting out loud 1 to 20 and visually we are starting to work on creating groups as we count.

Games with Colours, Numbers and Shapes – Guess Which Door
We played this fun guessing games with cards provided to us in our package for the day. I placed all the cards out and gave them hints as to which door I was thinking of. Once we guessed the door we all acted like the animal that was hiding on the other side of the door once it was flipped over.



Printing Practice – Writing on the Window
We have been reviewing our alphabet by using our alphabet flip chart that came with our set up package. The kids really enjoy opening the alphabet windows at circle time. I stick each window shut using the cut off tops of sticky notes. It keeps them shut until we open them and doesn’t pull the paper off the way tape would.

To go along with our window theme we practiced writing the letter ‘f’. We used both our letter building blocks and – a window. We blew fog from our breath on a hand mirror and wrote our letters in the fog.
 
This lesson brought to you by the letter 'F'

Printing on a foggy window

Oops we've been interrupted...

...By a lovely lady 


Bathroom and Bubbles = JOY
Our Friday was a Non-instructional Day so we had a full house. We celebrated the kitchen by having a pancake breakfast and then spent the day doing activities themed around bubbles.
Who wants chocolate chip pancakes !!?


Mother Goose Time provided us with little bubble jars and wands but I wanted this activity to last a little longer so I bought some bubble solution and set up a bubble station with string so the kids could experiment making large bubbles using loops of string.


I tried first and found it challenging but we all just kept at it and before long the string loops and wind were creating jumbo bubbles. The kids were so good at it!



It’s during activities like this that I love having a mixed age group. The older kids can just take off with an activity like this and the little ones just love to dance around, chase bubbles and enjoy what they can do. There is no competition because everyone is allowed to try but there’s something special about  a little one that can’t simply buddying up with an older one that can.

Side note. Look at these visitors. I feel so proud when these visitors find something sweet in my yard. So when you see the dandelions in background of my pics. I do prefer a clean lawn but I will abide the yellow flowers if it helps these busy ones thrive. It was a great chance to reinforce with the kids some of what we learned last months about helpful visitors to the garden.



Bubble Art
We made a coloured solution with water and paint. We blew bubbles through straws into a small container to have bubbles spill over and create designs on paper. I thought it was going to create a really neat pattern on the paper but it was really more like splashes of water so it turned into painting. The kids did some very cool art work.




This day was the highlight of my week. I love watching the kids play and create.




Disclosure: I receive Mother Goose Time Curriculum free of charge for educational purposes in return for posting my honest experiences using the curriculum. Photos of children featured on my blog for review of Mother Goose Time are used with signed consent of the child's parents. I welcome any questions or concerns.





Comments

Popular Posts