Friends and Feelings - Week 1

This week we've been talking about what it means to be a good friend and how to communicate and express our emotions. It's about 'authentic connection' preschool style… sans whining.

Art Snapshots

We are bringing the big kids into our MGT world this week. We made friendship crowns. 








Discussion and Observation

It was neat to see that all the kids chose to put boys and girls on their hats. I shared how my best friend in Kindergarten was a boy and how I felt when I was made fun of for that. The important thing is to stick with our friends and be kind even if we get bugged by others about our choice of friends.

We also talked lot about what makes a good friend. We discussed how important communication is to solving problems and resolving conflicts. This activity happened on the day before school for the bigger kids which was perfect because I think they all feel a little apprehensive about friendships leading into a new school year.

Points from the Bible:
Proverbs 18:24 "A man that has many friends must show himself friendly. There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."

We talked about how making friends starts with friendliness, asking someone to play with you and making sure that no one is left out.
We talked about how friendship means we don't always do what we want but we also think about what our friend would want to do.

Seeing it in Action


I love catching the moments where something we've talked about, like friendliness is caught in action. Like these three making soup for each other and serving it up. You should have heard their polite language as the played. So sweet! 
Disclosure: I receive Mother Goose Time Curriculum free of charge for educational purposes in return for posting my honest experiences using the curriculum. Photos of children featured on my blog for review of Mother Goose Time are used with signed consent of the child's parents. I welcome any questions or concerns.

Comments

Popular Posts